A Very Scattered Update

It seems like forever since I've updated; incidentally, it was less than 48 hours ago. Those 48 hours, however, have been quite busy. After the Cowboy Churching experience, I walked three miles while talking to Grace and Beth, and then came back home where, unfortunately, I couldn't fall asleep and didn't end up actually going to sleep fully until somewhere between 3 and 4 am. Oops.
Yesterday Elaine and I worked together for part of the day again and that night we sat around and talked and did fun things like watch a movie. Afterwards, we discussed a rather interesting question....if you were a wife, would you rather refer to your husband in public by his first name, or by a title and last name ( i.e. Jack or Col. Smith)? I said the latter, hands-down, because in my mind it seems to have more respect and plus, I have a weakness for all things heroic in the first place. But I realized that possibly the greatest influence on that was the fact that my dad calls my mom, "Mrs. Hearn", not because he can't call her Carol but just because he's excited that she actually is Mrs. Hearn. After twenty two years of being married that concept hasn't gotten old for him. My parents are such a sweet couple!!!
Today Elaine Kalina and I have been working together; it's been a lot of fun. I've so enjoyed getting to know her better. We've done so many trademark "Hospitality Jobs" today, e.g. riding around in a pickup truck with fake trees in the back. This time, though, we both rode in the cab of the truck although, like Lisa did with me when we were making the department-head-transition, I gave Elaine the duty of driving the truck. :)
I won't bore you with further details about the day. Hopefully I'll be able to actually get to sleep at a reasonable hour tonight!
One of the highlights of today was getting all of the pictures from the ALERT Cadet Challenge in Nashville, which Richard burned onto a CD for me; I was so excited! If I get to somewhere where I can actually log onto my Multiply, I might post a few of my favorite pictures for you.
Just a few more weeks before Sacramento! I'm excited.
In closing, I've always wondered what it would be like to give birth to multiples; yesterday two twenty-something moms found out the answer to that less than 10 hours apart. http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/06/12/sextuplet.boom.ap/index.html

0 comments: